Monday, March 2, 2015

The Road to State



This season on the dance team, myself personally, has endured many ups and downs. My limits were tested farther than I ever knew they could go and I have improved more in a season than I knew was possible. 

Our season was a lot different than I was used to at the old studio I danced at. Changes were constantly being made, people were quitting meaning more changes for our team, plus so much more was expected out of us. There was no time to teach and learn, as a part of this team we were held to a higher standard. We either knew it, or we taught ourselves. 

The OASSA Cheer and Dance State Championship was something that once seemed so far away, almost a figment of my imagination. But as the season rounded to a close state was less of a figment and more of a speeding truck coming right at you. 

I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't nervous. I was something way beyond that. And although I had improved a ton over this year, I still wasn't where I wanted to be. That scared me. 

Being able to look back on this weekend. I am beyond proud. Although we may not have taken home the ultimate prize, we did phenomenal for all of the obstacles that were thrown our way. We may not be number one in the state but this season was definitely winning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment