Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Six Whole Days

This year we have been burdened with a new test that Ohio has decided to make a  graduation requirement. I have to admit, like many others, I am not a huge fan of this test. Six whole days of sitting in a lab for 2 hours, staring at a test on a computer screen until my eyes got watery.  Not my favorite thing. 

But that being said there are many pros and cons with this test. The positive things, mainly for myself being a busy person all the time, is the reduced homework and easy curriculum over the six days. I guess you could say it's good that we aren't using that much paper, but on the other side of that, it's very difficult to show your work in math on a computer. There are also many negatives including: we haven't learned half of the material on the test, the computers glitch and error (this morning we all had to take the tests on laptops because our computers weren't working) plus it's hard to show work on a computer. 

I guess I'm indifferent about this test. Although I don't love it, technology is the future and we are getting ahead of the game. This is what we should expect in the later years of our life so it's good to learn early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment